Titanium Color Standard

2002

My company is making a titanium watch. We have Company A making the titanium watch cases (very light gray color) and Company B making the titanium bracelets (dark gray color). My client does not care which color (light or dark), as long as both the case and bracelet color are the same. Does anyone know the color standard for titanium?

Danny Yu
- Shenzhen, China

Tissot Titanium Watch

Hi, Danny. The most commonly use titanium anodizing standard is probably AMS 2488 [affil. link to spec at Techstreet], but I am virtually sure that there is no color standard either there or in any standard from a recognized standards body. Your client company can, of course, establish any standard they wish, including a color standard.

My take on it would be that you might want to establish a process standard that is applied to both components. Then they should come out the same unless the material is different. If that is the case, an exact match may not be possible.

adv.   anoplateyoutube