Corrosion of fishing lures

2002

I'm doing my science fair project on the corrosion of fishing lures. Which will corrode first the lure in salt water, Bracking water or tap water? I'm using rebolo stain less steel lure. Can you give me any help on the corrosive effect . I'm having trouble finding resources telling me about the action of corrosion.

Jared
- Florida

2002

Jared, if you want some decent references on corrosion of stainless steel, go to the Nickel Development Insititue's website at www.nidi.org, and search the technical literature they have. Much of it does not require a college engineering degree to understand, and can give you some background in the topic. I'd suggest starting with their publication number 12010, on Stainless Steels in Swimming Pool Buildings.

Good luck! lee gearhart Lee Gearhart
metallurgist - E. Aurora, New York

finishing.com is possible thanks to our supporting advertisers, including this one:

CMLSbanner