The world's most popular metal finishing site, and the internet's friendliest corner

Stainless steel leeching

2002

To whom it may concern, I have been trying to find out information about my stainless steel flatware. It is leaving marks all over my dishes and a friend told me this is very dangerous. I would like to know how this is happening and if in fact it is dangerous. It is good quality flatware, Gorham stainless, dishwasher safe etc. Please advise as I am concerned. Thank you, Kim Salisbury

kim salisbury
- marietta, Georgia usa

2002

Dishes and flatware are harmless, Kim.

Pay attention to what is on your plate and fork, not what is in them. Don't be as silly as your friend :-)