Live! From Pine Beach NJ: The world's most popular metal finishing website, and the internet's friendliest corner

How to eliminate the saccharin to the nickel sulfamate baths

2002

Thank you for answer my question about saccharin problems (letter 16892). I did some tests in a little nickel sulfamate tank without saccharin and I made very good shims, without wrinkles and only with a little tensile stress. Now the problem is that I have a big tank, 1700 litres, with 0,87 g/l of saccharin and I only want 0,1 g/l. The question is, how can I eliminate the saccharin to the bath? Is it possible with a active carbon treatment?

Jesús Güell
- Barcelona, Spain

2002

Yes