Need protective coating for hammered copper sheeting (Colorado)

2002

I have a hammered copper bathroom counter top. Don't want it to oxidize (turn green) so am having to constantly scrub it. Does anybody know of a clear finish or coating that can be painted on? or sprayed on? to make it waterproof? Need to be something that won't be hurt by soaps, toothpaste etc. Love the natural copper color. Just need something to help preserve it.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Lorie Lindsey
- Woodland Park Colorado USA

2003

I have a similar problem. I am trying to keep my kitchen counters a little more like copper and less like 'tarnish'. I found a natural solution of cleaning the countertops with salt and lemon, then rubbing vegetable oil on the afterwards. This works better than some of the over the counter cleaners I have used, but doesn't last more than a week. I would love to spray them, wax them, or anything else to keep the color and make them easier to clean.

Sherida Tutor
- Austin, Texas, US