Restoring Tarnish Finish to Copper Lamp

1998

I just cleaned an old copper lamp and want the old brown tarnished finish back. Any tips on how to speed up the brown tarnishing on copper? (I don't want the green tarnish finish.) Thanks!

Peter Brodigan

Getting a bronze cannon to tarnish

2002

I am restoring an old bronze civil war cannon and the ammo box that goes with it. Once cleaned, I would like to speed up the aging effect. The cannon is bronze and the top of the ammo box is copper. Any suggestions on what I can do to speed up the tarnish effect on both?

Michael Adamson
- Alpharetta, Georgia

www.sciencecompany.com/patinas/patinaformulas.htm#index
This is a site for metal artist to change colors it might be helpful

micheal lamon
- saint paul Minnesota