Aluminum Refinishing

(1998)

I am rebuilding an older motorcycle with an unpainted aluminum engine. I am wondering if anyone has any information on how I can restore the engine to it's original shine or better.

Tom

Tom Charawich

(2000)

Tom, Have you had any success in obtaining info on this topic. I am also very interested in refinishing aluminum as stated.

Dino Lanno
- Columbus, Ohio

(2001)

Sand the surface cimolety smooth using a very abrasive sander at first ending with a fine sandpaper [linked by editor to product info at Rockler] then get a grinder and put a buffing wheel on it. Get some rooush from a truck stop comes in a brick cheap and buff till you achieve the look you want. It can come out better then chrome. Takes time but it's worth it.

Carl Perrin
- Eau Clair, WI