World's #1 on-line resource since 1989

-----

Heat Safe Metal Paint for Indoor Use

2002

I would like to paint the ugly white water heater and the pipes leading from it. They reside in the middle of my very small kitchen.. and I have radiators that I'd like to paint too.. and the furnace is in the kitchen and is ugly OLD metal and the ductwork is ugly. Can someone recommend a brand of heat-safe paint I can use on all of those monsters? I will check back here.

I would appreciate it very very very much. :)

Nicollete A [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- Washington D.C.

2002

thumbs up signWhen you go to sell your house, Nicollete, do yourself a favor and let a realtor write the listing :-)

A. For the exhaust flues on the furnace and hot water heater, you can use black 'Stove Paint [affil. link to info/product on Amazon]' or order a colorful high temperature paint [affil. link to info/product on Amazon]. Temperature is relative and the other things you are describing are not really 'hot!'; I think almost any paint or enamel for metal that you find in those ugly little paint aisles in one of those cramped old hardwares store would do fine :-)