World's #1 on-line resource since 1989

-----

DETAILS OF NICKEL PLATING ONTO ABS PLASTIC?

2002

Sir,

I want to know that is there any cheaper chemical compound to activate the surface of ABS plastic rather than palladium chloride .And also send me the process details, complexer's name, and plating bath composition current densities for the nickel plating onto ABS plastics.

THANK YOU,

Mudassar Hussain
- Pakistan

2002

Hello Mr. Hussain,

I am not familiar with another, cheaper, basis for plating on ABS. As far as I know there is virtually no current public-domain information about the pretreatment processes for ABS. If you go back to about 1970 you will find some published development works in the literature, but the processes and the development efforts are all proprietary these days (as far as I know).

It is very hard to find, but if you can get a copy of Standards & Guidelines for Electroplated Plastic, I think you will find it very helpful. Good luck.