World's #1 on-line resource since 1989

-----

2024 properties

2002

What are the major properties of 2024 aluminium that are not conventionally known and not mentioned about in ordinary text books. I am finishing off my degree in material engineering. I am doing my final engineering report and I need some specifications to finish it off.

Andrew Witheriff
- Mudgee, Australia

First of two simultaneous responses -- 2002

It would be impossible for me to imagine a manufactured material like an aluminum alloy being manufactured without it's properties being well known. Why would anyone do that? Who would they sell the alloy to? I think what you're really asking is where to find the properties of this alloy. The ASM Metals Handbook would be a good place to start I think.

Second of two simultaneous responses -- 2002

Go to www.matweb.com you will find what you need there, I think. You didn't say exactly what you were looking for.

anodizer - Boise, Idaho