World's #1 on-line resource since 1989

-----

Decrease the roughness of electroplating NiFe

2002

I need your help. I do the experiment of electroplating of NiFe, I need to control its roughness to smaller than 1nm, but my experiment result about roughness is 3nm, Is there anyway to decrease the roughness? I ever use CMP method to polish it, but could not get the good results.

Thank you very much!

Jing Song

2002

Are you using a grain refiner such as sodium sacaharin? Are you filtering to avoid roughness from particulates (20 micron filter) etc.

Gene Packman
process supplier - Great Neck, New York

2003

It is quite simple, it is not as above answer. There is a gain refinery for it. I hope u' would tried with cleaning slightly high pH, H2O2 and permanganate. finely try to increase leveler slightly. if does not work then you go for grain refinery.

D.Munikrishnaan, B.Tech chemical and electrochemical engineer
Venus enterprises - Chennai, India

2004

I need your help. I have a questions about roughness off base metal after pickling (wether there is over pickling or not) to the electroplating product. Is that right if the roughness of the base metal after acid pickling (with sulfuric acid)influences the roughness of the electroplating product? How does it come?

Andriansyah
- Malang, East Java, Indonesia