World's #1 on-line resource since 1989

-----

800 lb Sodium Gluconate disposal problem

2002

Hello Please Help.

I ended up buying some blind pallets at auction from the Air Force one of these pallets had 2 400lb drums of CEEBEE Alkaline Cleaner - Additive Go-2. I need to get rid of this stuff. When I contacted the Manufacture to find out about disposal they informed me as follows.

This material (our product # 26003) contains mostly Sodium Gluconate and small amount of Sodium Carbonate. Please note that considering the environmental regulations and the liability involved, we cannot only advise you to dispose in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local regulations. Please let me know if any questions. Thank you.

Would anyone like to come and pick this stuff up in Tampa Fl 800 lbs total? FREE just take it away please. Or give me some suggestions as to what to do with it.

Thank You In Advance.

Mike Hunter
Web Productions Inc Tampa, Florida

2002

Sodium Gluconate and Sodium Carbonate are not regulated under any environmental regulations regarding disposal as a solid or adding to a liquid discharge that I am aware of (Federal). The disposal information you were told was the typical "boilerplate" disclaimer that all chemical manufacturers include (my company included). Check with your local authorities, you should be able to "throw out" this material.

Gene Packman
process supplier - Great Neck, New York