Use of Nickel Bromide in Nickel Electroforming

(1999)

Since my retirement from my position as Manager of a Metalfinishing Dept. of a large Australian Company, I have been involved in consulting work in electroforming and also the repair of small and large moulds for the manufacturing industry. Recently I became involved in the question of the use of Nickelbromide as against Nickel chloride in Nickel sulphamate solutions for electroforming. I have graphs that the stress is somewhat lower with Nickel bromide than Nickel chloride. However I would appreciate some information in how much Nickel bromide has found use in electroforming. Some representative told a friend-electroformer everyone used it? Is this correct? Thanks for reply. Rob

Robbert B [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
Private Consultant - Australia

Please ask your friend to join the discussion, Rob. I've never heard of it at all :-)