Need electrocoat priming of classic car

--

I found your site on the net by doing a search on 'Electrostatic and Primer'. I live in San Francisco and I am hunting for someone on the West Coast that does Electrostatic Primer. Basically the process by which one dips metal to prep it then dips it to primer it. I am restoring a classic car with a unitized construction. Such a structure has interior sections which are not accessible for priming. The only solution is to dip the entire body into a tank and have it Electrostatically Primed. The only leads I have are around the Great Lakes. They do the priming for the Big Three in Detroit... getting access is expensive at $2000 for shipping a car body east and back ... Does anyone have any leads on the west coast ? ...Thanks, James

James Douglas
outdated

-

I am also looking for a job shop that can do dip e-coating on vehicles I restore. When I am refinishing items, I have a local company strip them chemically in large tanks which removes all paint and rust. Obviously, this leaves inaccessible areas exposed as bare metal so they quickly rust through. The only company I have found that does e-coating on a "per part" basis is in Allentown PA, but their largest tank will only do doors and hoods. Let me know if you locate a service that can do larger structures. (It would seem to me that there would be a large demand for this type of restoration service if it were properly advertised in the restoration publications.)

Mike Mullin
outdated

----
Ed. note: Yes, we do occasionally see this advertised in Hemmings Motor News [affil. link to magazine on Amazon]

RFQ. Hi!

I NEED TO KNOW IF COMPANIES FOR CATHODIC ED PROCESS ARE LOCATED IN USA, I'M IN TEXAS, PLEASE CONTACT ME ...THANK YOU!

RAUL URENA
MANAGER - EL PASO, TEXAS,