Aluminum Rack Systems for anodizing

1998

I NEED INFORMATION ON ALUMINUM RACK SYSTEMS WHERE USED IN THE ANODIZING INDUSTRY. BOOKS, MAGAZINES,ARTICLES, ETC. I AM NEW TO THIS INDUSTRY AND NEED TO LEARN ALL I CAN.

GERALD PETERS
DISTRIBUTING

--

I'm also new to the industry so I feel a little silly giving a response, but here goes:

We make most of our racking systems in-house out of aluminum and Titanium. Titanium, while expensive, is great because it lasts a long time and there is no need to strip the fixture between runs. Aluminum works but becomes sharp (safety hazard), flimsy and always needs to be stripped and repaired.

If you can afford the Titanium do it.

James A. Corier

--

For titanium racks, which is the best way to go for long term.

David A. Kraft
- Long Island City, New York

1999

I need help on how to solve a problem of pitting on the aluminium surface. This happens once in six months. Usually I change the entire bath solution and make it up fresh. Is there an alternative. What causes this pitting which appears as small black dots on the alu. sheet? Thanks Deepak

Deepak Ratan