Need rechroming of motorcycle parts

1998

I'm painting an old motorcycle and need some parts rechromed. Any ideas when I might have this done? I'm from Kansas if that does any good.

George

George W [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
Kansas
outdated

1998

There may be any number of places in your area that chrome plate their own products, but when looking to get your parts done, your best bet is to work through a local bike shop, if your parts aren't too old or rare. For example, if you want the rocker boxes of your '56 Panhead chromed, you can get an exchange easily.

Chip Brown
- Long-time motorcycle rider

1998

I am looking for a shop that can plate my motorcycle parts with BLACK CHROMIUM.

Brian D
-fiber communications
outdated

Walneck's Classic Cycle Trader

Classic Bike (subscription)

1998

A good place to look for references is in motorcycle magazines that cater to the vintage bike hobby like Old Bike Journal, Walneck's Classic Cycle Trader =>
Motorcycle Shopper and of course the bible of the vintage car enthusiast, Hemmings Motor News [affil. link to magazine on Amazon]. Another good source for info is the Brit mags, Classic Bike =>
and Motorcycle.

Robin McCullough
- Endos

2000

I have some six lug wheels on a 4WD Chevy that need to be re-chromed. Is there someone close to the Beaumont, Texas area that does this?

Matt B [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- Mauriceville, Texas
outdated

2000

Hello, I am looking for a Show Quality Chrome Plater for multiple motorcycle parts. I am especially interested in platers in the Midwest region, but will ship anywhere for the right plater. I will need a quick turnaround, as the bike will be disassembled at the dealer, and he does not wish to have the bike torn up long at the shop.

Scott W [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- Columbia, Missouri
outdated

2003

I am busy restoring five vintage scooter from the 1950's and need to have a bunch of small parts show chromed. I would welcome any recommendations of reliable, good shops.

Frank R [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- St. Louis, Missouri, USA
outdated

2000

I am refurbishing a 1972 G-10 Series Chevy Van. I have been referred to Heming's^Hemmings Motor News, but cannot find the site. Otherwise, I have checked with salvage yards from coast to coast. The van needs many items, and the most vital right now is a gas tank to replace the rusted old one. I sure would appreciate some assistance in my search, as I am not knowledgeable about these things. Thanks!

Richard B [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- Tallahassee, Florida
outdated

Hemmings Motor News

Hi. There's a double "m" in Hemmings, Richard. Once you that out, it's easy: www.hemmings.com

If you're ever up in Bennington, Vermont, Hemmings has a very cool little antique auto museum.