Maskant for Hard Chrome Plating

1998

Looking for a wax maskant for hard chrome that will not harden / crack immediately. Have had leakage with present product due to splitting, etc.

Patricia Mihalik
aircraft engines - Indianapolis, Indiana

1998

It sounds like you are using a high temp wax. If you are, consider switching to a "normal" masking wax. It is softer and feels somewhat sticky like beeswax does. Look in the masking section of the guidebook for vendors.

1998

Why don't you try silicone sealant , I know it's not in the manuals , but it works . It would help if I knew what part you are having problems with , if you are with Allison Turbine I'm pretty sure I can help.

Dave Brackenridge
aerospace plating - Germiston, South Africa

finishing.com is possible thanks to our supporting advertisers, including:
maskcoat banner