It's Tuesday 01/18/22 & your Q or A is Welcome.
Chime right in! (a "no registration" site)

-----

"Putting logo on stainless steel products"

Current question:

December 18, 2021 -- this entry appended to this thread by editor in lieu of spawning a duplicative thread

Q. My name is Christian Martin. I am a fishing lure manufacturer (and owner of Tattoo's tackle) and am looking for a way to imprint a logo onto the metal lips of some of my fishing lures. The previous owner of the company had a machine that stamped the name "Tattoo's" onto the metal lips. I am looking for ideas/alternatives to stamping the name onto the lips.

christian martin
- brightwaters, New York
^

A. Have you considered laser marking? The equipment is drastically falling in price, and lasermark pastes are readily available. All that's left is to design a fixture to hold your lures reliably in the same position for a mark!

rachel_mackintosh
Rachel Mackintosh
Lab Rat and some other things - Greenfield, Vermont
^

Closely related Q&A's, oldest first:

Q. We are stainless steel knife manufacturer and very often we are asked to put customer's logo on knife blades by means of etching - applying a weak acid on a silkscreen with logo under a 12V electrical current.

Can anyone tell me which chemical/coating which can prolong the serviceable life of the screen, so that the screen does not get 'burnt' through by the acid so easily.

Sincerely,

Aggie Chin
- Fotan, Hong Hong SAR, China
^

Laser Engraver

Affiliate Link
(commissions from your purchases make finishing.com possible)

A. Have you considered laser etching as an alternative process. It works well on stainless and eliminates all of the cleaning problems etc associated with screen printing. The only possible problem is that it will only print in black. The print is permanent and durable to high temperatures. Laser equipment is inexpensive and can be run off a standard PC.

Stefan Lofhelm
- Melbourne, Australia
^

A. Presently I am using a Monode Die Impression Stencil which can be typed onto by using a type writer or a Standard PC. We also use an etching solution to etch on stainless steel, high tensile steel and also on aluminium parts too. It would be much cheaper in cost.

Tessensohn Albert
- SINGAPORE
^