-----

"Removing sheen on ceramic tile"

I would like to wallpaper over some existing ceramic tile. What do I need to use to help the wallpaper adhere to tile properly. Will Muriatic Acid [affil. link to info/product on Amazon] work, or is there something called liquid sandpaper to apply to tile? Help!

Kathy Wiestenberg
- Mpls, Minnesota
^

I, too, am interested in what preparation is required to properly wallpaper over ceramic tile.

Judith Paul
- Chocorua, New Hampshire
^

This is not an easy answer, what you will need to do and what I have done in the past is use a belt sander and scuff the face of the tile, wash with clean water to remove all dust, apply a skim coat of tapers mud over the tile and smooth out and sand. repeat this until its smooth and dry. wipe down with some tack cloth or something to remove dust, put up your paper. that was easy huh?

Sean Mulvaney
- Mpls, Minnesota
^