Please recommend anodizing books

1998

HELLO, I'M LOOKING FOR BOOKS OR SOFTWARE ASSOCIATED WITH ANODIZING. WE ARE AN INVESTMENT CASTING TOOL & DIE MAKING CO.,LOOKING TO "IN HOUSE" ANODIZE SOME OF THE COMPONENTS OF OUR TOOLS.

DOES ANYONE KNOW THE WHEREABOUTS OF A GOOD BOOK ON THIS SUBJECT? I HAVE BEEN TO ALL THE LOCAL BOOKSTORES AND HAVE HAD NO LUCK IN FINDING ANYTHING !

THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE.

PHILIP MORGAN
MOLDING CO. - VALENCIA CA.

1998

I think the most complete information available on Anodizing is The Surface Treatment and Finishing of Aluminum and Its Alloys by S. Wernick, R. Pinner, P.G. Sheasby. Two volume set. It is a little pricey ( a couple hundred bucks), but is the most comprehensive of all of the literature I have seen. It also includes many references which are readily available.

Ward Barcafer, CEF
aerospace - Wichita, Kansas

1998

That is a great reference. A much cheaper one to get started with is Light Metals Finishing by David Montgomery and is sold by AESF. I think that you can link to them from this site, or at least get an address.

1998

A very good book is The Technology of Anodizing Aluminum [affil. link to book on Amazon ... or on AbeBooks], A.W. Brace P.G. Sheasby, Technicopy Limited, 66 High Street, Stonehouse,GL10 2NA, England

Raymond Hendrix Troy, Tennessee