World's #1 finishing resource since 1989
No login needed: Chime right in
Oxidizing of Titanium? Can somebody do it?
I am looking for a shop able to do oxidating of titanium.Anne Smith
Diamond Lab Inc
Ti oxidizes very rapidly when exposed to air. that is one of the reasons that it is a difficult metal to plate.
Oxidation could be as simple as putting it in your oven for a few minutes. The higher the temperature, the thicker the oxide coating which gives different interference coating which gives different colors.
Do you possibly mean anodizing which is a controlled and specific oxidation process with half a dozen colors possible if you have a 200V DC power supply.James Watts
- Navarre, Florida
Happy new year !
My name is Duc Soo Moon.
I need detailed content to the surface coloring of titanium using anodizing process.
1. the range of voltage for making gold or blue color of the titanium surface using anodizing process.
2. the electrolytic solution for anodizing process of titanium.
3. the temperature of electrolytic solution for anodizing process of titanium.
- Department of biomedical engineering
1. The range of voltage for making gold or blue color of the titanium surface ? For a gold color it is necessary 60 V. But Kobe orientation is 70 V. For a blue color: 30 V
2. The electrolytic solution for anodizing process of titanium is H2SO4 + water
Federal University - Brazil