-----

"Anodizing Aluminum"

Can anyone tell me the name of a reference book, web site, research document, etc. where I can find information of Anodizing Aluminum Processes? We are planning to start a pilot plant project and this kind of information will help a lot. I'll be grateful.

Alex Hernandez
ITA - Aguascalientes, AGS., MEXICO
^

If you are looking for an organized treatment of the subject, with authoritative sources, books are always best, Alex! The great anodizing books are listed, reviewed, and sourced on this page.

If you want to read all kinds of practical Q&A's on anodizing, the site you are reading right now is the best one you'll find--but websites are far less well organized than books.

^

Here's one reference book: The Surface Treatment and Finishing of Aluminum and Its Alloys by S. Wernick, R. Pinner, P.G. Sheasby.

Ciraco Dipaloloco
- Scarboro, Ont.
^

I have a four-hour 100-page seminar titled "Anodizing for Beginners" that has been presented to 13 small companies to help them get started in anodizing. It covers alloys, tank materials, rectifier requirements, solution, purities, dying, sealing, all types of hard coat, etc . . I do not speak Spanish. I have traveled and performed technical service in Mexico, again in English language.

probertbanner
^

For a serious beginner, the most cost effective book is one by Grubbs and Montgomery from AESF. The name is Light Metals Finishing Process Manual.. It is in English. From there, you can go to the more technical books if need be.

^