-----

"Dechroming of honing slurry"

Respected Sir/Madam,

I came across your articles on net and found them very interesting. I need some help from you. I would like to know how we can separate Chromium (metallic form) from honing (Outside Dia. Honing of Chrome Plated Rings) slurry having

1 Aluminium oxide particles
2 Lubricant oil
3 Coolant
4 Chromium(metallic),removed from ring surface during honing

This will help us to improve quality of ring.I shall be thankful to you and it will be very kind of you.

Yours sincerely,

Manjot Singh, Trainee-Engineer
- Patiala, India
^

Manjot,

Talk to companies that specialize in centrifugal separation. Some of them can rent you the equipment. This will separate your liquids from the solids, then you can treat the solids with hydrochloric acid to dissolve metallic chromium without affecting the abrasive. You will have to waste treat the acid afterwards before dumping it. For this you need expert advise and follow local environmental regulations.

Good luck,

^