-----

"Porcelain tub stain"

I accidentally spilled hair dye on my porcelain tub and it stained. Please tell me there is a way to remove this stain!

Rachel Walker
- Winnfield, Louisiana
^

Just let this mistake grow out, Rachel...

Actually, I think bleach will remove most dyes. To minimize the chance of bleach amplifying the problem by causing rust stains by precipitating iron out of your water, wash the area well first, and rinse with deionized or distilled water (this is available by the gallon in supermarkets).

^

I assume that you have tried a cleanser or Soft Scrub [affil. link to info/product on Amazon]. Have you tried straight bleach? If so, Try peroxide from the health products area. If that puts a dent in it, but does not do it well, try hydrogen peroxide [affil. link to info/product on Amazon] from a beauty supply store. It is stronger and requires a LOT more attention to what you are doing. It will eventually fade with time and light, especially fluorescent.

^