-----

"Removing golf club rust"

Here's the deal. I played in a high school golf tournament in the rain. I felt like I dried my putter completely. Obviously not. How can I get rid of the rust spots, but at the same time keep the finish on there to keep its sleek look?

Tim Zande
- Shawnee, Kansas
^

The best thing to do depends on what the metal of the putter is, and what the finish is, Tim. My first guess would be that the putter is made of steel and the finish is nickel-chrome plating. I think chrome polish is the best you can do short of having it replated by a plating jobshop.

^

2006

i bought a golf putter second hand and it is going rusty as it is made from carbon steel. What would be the best way to remove this?

David Aston
hobbyist - Northallerton, North yorkshire, England
^

2006 Rust Converter [affil. link to info/product on Amazon] is probably the best way to handle that situation. But it will start rusting again. Having it "black oxided" by a plating shop or a firearms shop would help some. Good luck.

^