-----

"Powdercoating MDF vs. vinyl vacuum wrap"

I have a part to bid on for powdercoating. The piece is essentially a 4x4x12 piece of MDF. The client is also taking bids to have the part vinyl vacuum wrapped. Does anyone know costs involved in vinyl vacuum wrapping? ($/sq ft)? I would like to have some idea as to how low (or high) the other bid may be so I can make my bid competitive.

Thanks for any help.

Robert John
- Evansville, Indiana
^

But what if the customer pulls the dirty trick of looking for a 2nd quote on powder coating? :-)

^

In order to powder coat MDF, either a conductive clear coat, or preheat of the MDF is required. Are you prepared for the risk of failure?

Herb Ashley
- Smartt, TN
^

Powdercoating gives a better quality then pressing, and it is cheaper if the dimensions from the pieces are not to small..

Koen Peters
freeform nv - Houthalen, Limburg, Belgium
^