-----

"Black finish on bare steel"

I am trying to reproduce a blackened steel finish on steel tubing for a customer something like a black oxide finish. This is for indoor furniture and I am hoping for a simple to do finish that would not require a large startup cost. I would not be opposed to having this done out of house as all our other finishing is done elsewhere but I haven't found anyone interested in doing it.

Darrell Cooksey
- Edmonton, Alberta
^

An oiled black nickel finish might be nice, the oil is hand rubbed into the black nickel, and does not leave an oily finish since the oil is then rubbed out (into?) the finish. For high quality product, put 0.0003 inches of bright nickel onto the steel tube first.

tom pullizzi animated    tomPullizziSignature
^