-----

"Scratched Chrome Rim"

I was looking into buying a set of used chrome rims. The rims have a chip in the chrome approximately the size of a quarter. Do I have to worry about it peeling off any more? Is there any kind of paint I could put on the rim to try and conceal the scratch a little more, or is that a bad idea? I know about rechroming the rim but really didn't wanna spend that much money. PLEASE HELP.

John Nort
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
^

Yes, you do have to worry about it peeling more because the fact that it has peeled at all means it was no good. But if they are old and have been cleaned many times it is possible that the nickel and chrome have peeled completely from the areas of bad adhesion. Paint is not going to hurt the situation; go ahead and do it.

^