-----

"Need black hardware that won't rust"

I wish to pose a question that at first I did not foresee a problem finding a solution but have since discovered otherwise. I have a Jeep Wrangler that I have recently painted bright yellow and wish to accent it with black. Finding the black accessories is not difficult. The difficult part has been the hardware that bolts it to the Jeep. Any and all hardware that is supplied with any accessories is cheap and rusts very quickly. Additionally I am finding it impossible to find suitable BLACK hardware that will not rust. What I am currently trying to do is obtain 316 stainless bolts and having them treated with black oxide. Does anyone know if there are better solutions to my problem. I do not want to say that money is no object but I have put a lot of time and money in to it so far so for me to spend a couple of hundred dollars in order to get what I want I would not be opposed to doing it. I say this because I know that some processes may be expensive but even if they are I would like to hear about them.

I would greatly appreciate any and all assistance.

Larry Hanson
- Newport News, Virginia
^

Yes, you can have stainless steel bolts black oxided if you can find a shop that offers it. An alternative is having the stainless steel anodized with a proprietary process like Prismatic [B&M Finishers / Prismatic Stainless Steel [a finishing.com supporting advertiser]] or color passivated [Russamer]. Finally, you could have plain steel bolts nickel and black chrmium plated.

^