-----

"Rinses and water usage"

I need some information about rinsing. We are currently trying to cut our water usage. Our old system had two rinses where when the final rinse got to a certain TDS it automatically flushed into the initial rinse. Now we are using no water during production and changing the rinses every weekend. I like the previous way we did things, but I need some good technical reasons why I want to change it back. (for instance; our soap rinses are getting a lot of foam on top and that is being dragged into the next bath.) I even thought about spray rinses on top of each tank.

Please help.

Randy Mattson
- Seattle, Washington
^

The tanks are 640 gallons and we change them when the TDS gets to the upper limits.

Randy Mattson
- Seattle, Washington
^

Processes, including rinses, should be run at equilibrium rather than being allowed to vary from 0 to the upper control limit.

^