-----

"Velour nickel headache"

I have a velour nickel plating tank the solution is air agitated and the product is mechanically agitated.

The problem is that if I jig my items horizontally the result is a severe blackish etch on the bottom sides of the item while the top side shows slight plating. If I jig the product vertically the result is acceptable.

The chemicals are tested and said to be 100%, what can be the problem and can anyone advise me on how to remedy this situation.

Please assist,

Harry Campbell
Ck Manufacturing - Cape town, South Africa
^

Very crudely put, the part needs to "see" the anode. When you rack them horizontally, the rack is probably being plated preferentially to the parts.

^