-----

"Effect of temperature on copper deposition"

I am investigating the effect of temperature on deposition of copper for a Chemistry assignment. I am using a plating bath made of a mixture of copper sulfate [affil. link to info/product on Amazon] and copper chloride. The deposition appears to increase with temperature. There does not seem to be much literature on this topic and I would be grateful for any information you can give about what I should have expected to find and the reasons for the increased deposition I did get.

Ken Bease
- Kirkcaldy, Fife, Scotland
^

At higher temperature the ions are more mobile, and the boundary layer is more disturbed and more permeable. Hence, you always plate faster (although this does not mean that you can necessarily plate satisfactorily at higher temperature).

^