-----

"Plating of lead for stained glass"

How do I plate the finish on the lead that I use for the different objects that we make up. The lead statue or wires that are coated with lead, I would to have a bright finish on them.

roland l [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
STAINED GLASS. - sarasota fl. u.s.a.
^

Hi, Roland. Please consider sending this out to a plating shop as it requires hydrofluoric acid (for activating the lead, if it's real lead) and cyanide (depending on what finish you want); silver plating and brass plating require cyanide; copper and nickel plating do not.

For technical information, please see threads 545 and 46134. If you are a very patient person, the search engine will reveal many other threads on the topic. Good luck.

^