-----

"Effect of scratch width in salts spray test on painted galvanized steel"

I wonder what the influence is of the scratch width on painted galvanized steel in an accelerated corrosion test according ASTM ASTM B117 [affil. link to spec at Techstreet] . I cannot find any reference in the norm for the scratch. Does anybody have some experience with this?

Another question I have is the difference in corrosion results between painted galvanized steel (±100 %Zn) and painted galfan (±95%Zn/5%Al)

Peter Piessens
- Bertem, Belgium
^

Hi, Peter. I have never heard of a standard scribe width myself, but I see you that you asked this question again as letter 19123 and got some interesting comments.

The proponents of Galfan® claim that improved corrosion resistance is one of its advantages. You might ask them for specific tests results. Good luck.

^