-----

"Alumina coating"

I am working in a firm which is ceramic company. I am interested in coating boehimite powder of 25 micron onto alpha alumina spheres. would any body advice me to use what type of polymeric binders? I would be calcining the final material at 600 °C. This is essentially make a gamma alumin coating on to alpha alumina spheres. The thickness of the coating required is 0.2 mm or the loading of gamma alumina is 40%. please advice me some binders inorganic, organic and polymeric materials. GS RAO

GSRAO
- Vdodara, INDIA
^

Look up the technology on micro-encapsulation, e.g.,for the production of coated particles in the pharmaceutical industry. One such method uses a gelatin base binder, co-precipitation is controlled by modification of pH.

John Tuohy
- Ireland
^