-----

"Caustic Recovery"

I am currently researching various methods of recovering caustic soda used to clean dies from the aluminum extrusion process.

I am after information on
- the functioning of systems such as membranes, ion exchange or RO in the extrusion industry
- their effectiveness in terms of cutting overall costs in die cleaning
- A ball-park cost in setting up a membrane system for 2 x 1000L caustic tanks

Jim Pejoski
- Canning Vale, Western Australia.
^

I presume that when you say you want to recover this caustic, that that is roughly equivalent to saying that you want to remove oil & grease and dissolved aluminum from the caustic soda so that you can keep using it rather than dumping it?

^

2002

Greetings,

I am eager to learn about processes/technologies that are currently available for Sodium Hydroxide/Caustic recovery. Suppliers are also welcome.

Kind regards,

Segran Pillay
- Durban, Natal, South Africa
^