Chime right in! (no registration req'd)-----
I am currently researching various methods of recovering caustic soda used to clean dies from the aluminum extrusion process.
I am after information on
- the functioning of systems such as membranes, ion exchange or RO in the extrusion industry
- their effectiveness in terms of cutting overall costs in die cleaning
- A ball-park cost in setting up a membrane system for 2 x 1000L caustic tanks
Thank youJim Pejoski
- Canning Vale, Western Australia.
I presume that when you say you want to recover this caustic, that that is roughly equivalent to saying that you want to remove oil & grease and dissolved aluminum from the caustic soda so that you can keep using it rather than dumping it?
Ted Mooney, P.E.
Striving to live Aloha
finishing.com - Pine Beach, New Jersey
I am eager to learn about processes/technologies that are currently available for Sodium Hydroxide/Caustic recovery. Suppliers are also welcome.
Kind regards,Segran Pillay
- Durban, Natal, South Africa