-----

"Cause of Challenger Space Shuttle Crash"

What were the properties of zinc chromate that caused the Challenger 2 spacecraft to crash.

Thomas Stephens
- Cheltenham, Gloucs, England
^

Hi, Thomas. As I understand it, the Challenger crashed due to inadequate o-ring design and the weather being too cold for a safe launch of a vehicle of this design. Where did you hear otherwise? Please give us a link.

If you wish to read further, I found www.space-shuttle.com/challenger2.htm^(ed. note 10/6/2017: this site is now offline), "Challenger's Final Voyage", absorbing. I don't think the spacecraft was ever called the Challenger 2, simply the Challenger.

^