-----

"Chem Milling, what to do"

I am looking for the process steps and chemical make up for chem milling of aluminum. I am currently looking for the best set up to meet aerospace requirements and to produce the best product. Any help would be appreciated.

Steve Adams
- Cedar City, UT, USA
^

For aerospace work, you must conform to their specifications. Get a copy of two or three companies specs that you might do work for and try to find the process that will comply with all of them. It can be a real pain to get waivers. James Watts
^

I would like info on "home brew" chem milling of aluminum. While I work in aerospace, I would like some guidlines for at-home chem milling isogrid type patterns in 6061 aluminum and 5XXX and 2XXX sheet. Any simple books or articles on the subject, including disposal of used solutions, would be appreciated (Its for building BattleBot type robots to get them under the weight limit while leaving some beef around critical components.) It would be nicer than all the lightening holes we drilled in the last one.

Norman Elfer
- Slidell, Louisiana
^