-----

"Cleaning chrome"

I need to know what is a good and simple way to clean stainless steel chrome on cars? I have a 1973 Mustang and need to clean some of the chrome it has but I can't find anything that does a good job, is there something out there that can clean them?

Guadalupe Rodriguez
- La Palma, California, USA
^

I worked at a detailing shop over this previous summer and found that they have plenty of materials that could remove such elements and usually know the tricks to cleaning certain areas of a car. I recently cleaned the rims on an 85 S10 Truck, needless to say they look pretty nice. I used a Scotch Brite pad (recommended from a paint/auto body supply store) any type of cleaning material(chrome cleaner, WD-40 [affil. link to info/product on Amazon], etc....) I feel it worked pretty well. Try it on something around if you're unsure of the results, not to ruin the car. For instance, find an old bike with a fender, or rim, something of that nature, that you're not to concerned about.

Bob Smith
- Toledo, Ohio
^