-----

"Broad Spectrum Transparent Glass"

I'm a student in the Tel Aviv University. At the frame of my project I have to build a blackbody. For this aim I need a glass to prevent convection. This glass must be transparent to as broad spectrum as possible, including infra-red (to allow the sun's radiation to reach the blackbody, and to let the infra-red radiation emitted by the blackbody to pass through it). Does someone know the name of this glass and the manufacturer of it.

Alexander Olbinsky
Tel Aviv University - Tel Aviv, Israel
^

Alexander!

I have an idea but if this is practical at all, I just don't know.

If you get two (clear) sheets of 'polarized' glass (i.e., actually it's plastic!)and put one onto the other, you should get a 'clear' light path. BUT if you rotate one of these pieces, it becomes opaque.

Whether it becomes completely black I don't rememeber. This is used or can be used to detect stress cracks in, say, plexiglass.

If this helps you, please donate a billion or so to this site. Thanks!

Freeman Newton [dec]
(It is our sad duty to advise that Freeman passed away

^