-----

"Clorox bleach test procedure"

We are reel-to-reel plating shop for EMS industry. Our specialty is hard gold, palladium-nickel, tin-lead alloys,nickel, copper electroplating. I am a chemist here. One of our customers is asking for the 30 minute 5% sodium hypochlorite "clorox bleach" test for their Ni,Pd- Ni,Au,Sn-Pb plated copper pins. I'm guessing this test purpose is porosity testing, but I might be wrong. What do you, people, know about this test and it's purpose and can you please help us to find the source of the test description and appropriate procedure.

Thanks a lot,

Vlad Neyshtadt
- Fountain Valley, California, USA
^

Check out the ISO or DIN websites. Failing that, ask your customer! John Tuohy
- Ireland
^

Hypochlorite is known to bleach and attack gold. This might be the reason for the test.

Moshe Yaakov
IAI - Lod, Israel
^

I'm guessing that it is the equivalent of salt spray testing for anodised coatings. It tests layer thickness and highlights weak splts / discontinuities in the coating.

John Tuohy
- Ireland
^