-----

"SS stripper solution"

I am looking for a solution which can strip around 0.5 microns of Stainless steel plating over Chromium plating.The base matl is brass which is first plated with ~ 15 microns Nickel and over that 0.25 - 0.5 microns Chromium. If anybody is aware of such a solution which may a) Strip only SS and not affect Cr or Ni as well as brass or b) which can strip all these 3 plating layers without affecting brass would you please let me know?

T.K.Nagalakshmi
- Noida , India
^

The mystery to me is not how to strip this stainless steel plating, but how you got it on there in the first place.

^

We are doing SS plating by Sputtering process. It is one of the new processes begun in my company and a few companies have been doing it in China, Hong Kong, USA etc. It is corrosion resistant in highly humid country like India as well as wear resistant though its main application is as a decorative coating on components which are otherwise difficult to machine in SS.

T.K.Nagalakshmi
- Noida, India
^