-----

"Rusting Garage Doors"

RUSTING GARAGE DOORS - What do I need to do to prepare the doors and what paint should I use?

Situation: The metal garage doors are 4-5 years old. They are subjected to a lot of "salt air" as the garage is located within 150 feet of the Bay of Fundy (an inlet from the Alantic ocean). The upper sections of the doors are rusting much more than the lower sections. In the past, I have sanded the rusting spots and completely repainted the doors with Tremclad on two occasions. Within 3 months the rust is showing through again. Please advise how I can fix this problem.

Your suggestions will be most apprecated.

Stuart Crawford
- Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
^