-----

"Heavy Duty Hardware Corrosion Protection"

I am using a low carbon steel p-clip to secure a pipe that is contained in the engine compartment. The pipe will have a high temperature fluid running through it (min/max temperatures of -40/200 °C). I would like to protect the p-clip from corrosion. Would zinc dichromate hold up to those conditions? I would like to stay away from the yellow coloration that zinc dichromate has (if possible).

Steve Tashman
Detroit Diesel - Detroit, Michigan
^

The Industry now has Zinc NON chromates ( no chrome containing coatings) that are clear in nature and has a very high temperture tolerence, salt spray un in 100's of hours, and is of the clear zinc color.

note: That this may be the only type that you will be able to put on automotive zinc plating , time will tell.

Chris Snyder
plater - Charlotte, North Carolina
^