-----

"Knife maker seeking help"

I would like some one to tell me how to get true colors on my titanium knife frames. I have a variac that goes from 0 to 130 volts, but I understand it has to be DC current, how do I convert it to DC? I am using TSP (trisodium phosphate [affil. link to info/product on Amazon]) I also use titanium cathode and only about 1 gallon of solution, but how much Tsp do I use in a gallon of water? I have also heard that people use stainless steel for the cathode. I don't know which is right.

Robert Purvis
custom knives - Tucson, Arizona
^

Robert- go to a radio shack and pick up a small bridge rectifier ,they are not expensive, and they are simple to wire from your veriact voltage source to your electrodes.

Marvin Solomon
forge - Paron, Arkansas
^