-----

"Remove tin plate and lead solder from copper vessel?"

I am looking for a way to remove the tin plating and lead solder from the inside of two 37 gallon copper washing machine tubs. I do not want them replated. Either Acid or Electropolishing seems to be the answer as I also need the finished surfaces to be smooth for sanitary reasons.

Thomas Gonta
- Painted Post, New York
^

What holds the tub together after you've dissolved the solder?

^

I am making furniture out of copper tubing. I need a very neat soldered joint. How can I remove the visible solder from the pipe while leaving the solder in the joint?

Also, is there a copper colored solder I can use to further reduce the visibility of solder on the finished piece?

Thank you for your help.

Richard McKinney
- Virginia Beach, Virginia
^

You could use a maskant like is used on printed circuit boards to prevent the solder from bridging the traces.

^