-----

"Etching on Iron"

I need to etch on Pad printing plate (Onhs or wps ) can anybody tell me the process and from where to procure these chemicals, etc. - please help.

Sunjay Jain
- Mumbai, India
^

You need to coat plate with photo sensitive lacquer. Then expose film of what you want to get on plate. Rinse after exposure with suitable developer. You may need stop off at some place. Once image is created on plate, etch with dilute FeCl3. You must have meshed film. i.e. suitable screen of 133 or 150 mesh will give you image. Ink will retain in mesh. For long life, chrome plate after etching.

Payal Mag
- Charlotte, North Carolina
^

Sunjay:

What Mr.Payal told you is state of the art, but there is an economical alternative, though more difficult and less precise. See my reply to Avner (letter 13531). This might work for you.

^