Silver plating polyester.

1998

Re: Silver Plating non conductive polyester resin decoratives.

I need suggestions on the following:

1. Selection and application of conductive paints for making polyester surfaces electroconductive.
  2. Plating suggestions in order to obtain deposition of a few microns of silver with a mirror shiny gloss.
  3. Tank contents and brightener suggestions.

Thanks for any suggestions that will help overcome my trial failures.

Kochhar.

Rajpal Singh Kochhar
IK Silver

1998

I believe that the two-component silvering solutions would be a better way to start than silver-bearing paints or the solutions of colloidal conductive particles. Then you could electroplate with silver. If this polyester is a cloth, it might be exceptionally difficult to rinse.

I assume this is for some industrial use or decorative laminate use. If not, and you intend for a person to wear this material, the buzzers should be going "blAP! blAP! blAP!"

1998

I read this message from Finishing.com and we are just looking for this conductive paint, but in our case is Wax instead of polyester.

Do you offer this "silvering solution" that we could buy from you ?

For your information, we are a Hong Kong based imitation jewelry factory that plated product in silver for about 1.2 million pieces per month.

Eric Mak

1998

if Eric Mak is still looking for a solution to electro-plating onto wax, try one of the conductive paints from the 'electro-dag' range as a base. I've found good advice and samples of this from 'Acheson Colloids' [Port Huron, MI]

mark eyden
- POOLE, ENGLAND