Recycling Purifying Solder

I have access to a quantity of used or waste solder and would like to find a method of recycling and refining it again for re-use. I would also like to add more lead in order to bring the ratio up to 50/50 tin/lead. I need a solder that is fairly soft and pliable when used. The melting point is not all that important. The material that I can buy is from Radiator repair shops. I intend using it for Stained Glass soldering so the exact properties of the material when used for Stained Glass soldering is not very important. It should not be brittle however. So far I have only put this scrap material in a COVERED crucible heating it on a camping stove so it does not get very hot. I then pour it off VERY SLOWLY into a pail of water so that I have pellets of clean Solder this I then melt down again and pour it in a narrow mold 1/4"x 12" cooling it as quick as possible.

Please advise any means of refining or annealing or purifying as I have very little knowledge of this subject. I am concerned as to the disposal of the leftover oxides as well.

Jack Nissen
- Rustenburg, South Africa