Effect of lead on chrome plating

We are in the business of glass wares which are produced by pressing high lead glass at temperatures of 1000 deg. C in SUS420j2 alloy molds. The plungers base alloy SUS420j2 are chrome plated in order to reduce wear, but we are facing the problem of lower plunger lives, I would like to know the effect of lead on chrome plating and how can I increase my plunger life.

Vivek Shrivastava
- Kota, Rajasthan, India

If you have experienced a reduction of mold life, it seems to me that I would look at a quality problem with the chrome plating on the molds, thickness, hardness, porosity.

What is the failure mode? peeling, cracking, etc.?

pooky
tom pullizi signature